20.2.10

Alice's Tea Gown

It's Alice Through the Looking Glass Time and I'm not immune to the Alice mania-rave. With great anticipation, I look forward to Tim Burton's upcoming movie release, his adaptation of our beloved Alice. Super talented Burton never fails to inspire...his productions deliver the goods. His movies open up our imaginations to his fantasy filled, tweaky visual world. One has only to see a snippet of his movie trailers, to see Burton's visual stamp - no one else crafts a movie style or script quite like him.



This gown has sold!
Alice, the story was written and originally copyrighted in 1865 by English author, the Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (he was also a mathematician at Christ Church, England). He penned his story under the pseudonym, Lewis Carroll. At it's debut, Alice was a sensation, quickly sold out and was/is loved by children and adults, alike. This book has remained so popular, worldwide, that it's never been out of print. Two of the original printing readers were a delighted Queen Victoria and a young Oscar Wilde.

So, Alice, it is! On May 5th, you'll find me in a darkened theatre, eyes glued to an immense full color screen, listening to Dolby stero surrond sound while my sense are inundated by Tim Burton's movie making magic. Oh, yes...don't forget the 3D glasses. My, oh my, do my artist eyes love the movies!

Meanwhile, to take the edge off the movie debut wait, my imaginings have been whipped into a whirl of creativity. How about this little froth of a slip dress - my Alice's Tea Gown? A piece designed to make The Queen of Hearts, oh so-o-o-o jealous.

"Off with her head!" ....after all, we're all mad here.














No comments:

Post a Comment