24.2.09

Floating in a Sea of Crimson Roses



This week my workspace is covered with yardages and cuttings and snippets of rose color fabrics. Pearls, beads and gorgeous silky fiber strands wait in the wings to become added fine adornments for this blossoming swell of crimson fleur. I am surrounded by a floating sea of roses, resplendent as any Princess Briar Rose fairytale love bower.

I find myself in a romance bewitched mood. The shimmering crimson satins and sheer organzas forming into open red roses offer a visual voice of love. Once again, I am seduced by my materials...this particular hue of deep rose red is irresistable, immensely pleasing to my eye. The blue/red color glows, evocative of the life blood coursing through of our body. This color is complete, radiant.

____________________ __ ___________________



5 comments:

Sue Choppers-Wife / http://peacelovemarket.com said...

I agree, there's something really special about this color, especially on the black!

elsiee said...

those crimson flowers are stunning!! just discovered your blog and your gorgeous shop on the ETSY forum thread - so happy I did!

come be and visit "me" sometime:

http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

freshie (and zero) said...

That top is very pretty. It makes me want warmer weather to come! I just found you through the etsy forum, too!

yellowfish said...

oh, the colors on that top are gorgeous!!!

Fatal Attraction said...

Wait until you see the entire ensemble posted in my shop.

Martha (it's a very good thing), we have just landed in Roseland!

Post a Comment